Form Ones to receive free textbooks from government
x Form Ones to receive free textbooks from government By Mike Njoroge For Citizen Digital
Students joining Form One in 2018 will each receive textbooks of six subjects, the Education Ministry has said.
Education Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiangâi announced this new directive while flagging off the Form One selection process at Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) on Monday.
- Watahiniwa 993,000 kujiunga na shule za upili
- Huenda orodha ya mawaziri wapya ikawasilishwa bungeni Jumanne
- Wan asiasa wajipigia debe wapewe nyadhifa za uaziri
âAll the Form Ones who report will be given six textbooks for Mathematics, English, Kiswahili, Biology, Chemistry and Physics,â said CS Matiangâi.
Dr. Matiangâi said that the textbooks have been procured by public resources in conjunction with publishers and approved by KICD, as per the law.
âKICD has reviewed the content and identified the core textbooks in each of the six critical subjects and had the meeting with the publishers, both government owned and private publishers,â added CS Matiangâi
The textbooks will bear a special mark â" the national Coat of Arms â" on the front cover so that they are not sold in bookshops, according to Dr. Matiangâi.
CS Matiangâi added that a nationwide distribution of the textbooks would be flagged off by the ministry on January 4.
The Education CS said new policy on textbooks will ensure equity of learning outcomes. âWe donât wan t a situation where some schools donât have textbooks and yet we expect the same learning outcomes across the country.â
The Form One selection process began with the top KCPE student, Goldalyn Kakuya being selected to join Kenya High School.
Kakuya who garnered 455 marks out of 500, will lead a cohort of students who are set to be placed at secondary schools across the country by December 12.
The students, CS Matiangâi said, will report to school by January 9. âWe want our children to start school by January 9 in both public and private secondary schools. We will allow a short window between January 9 and 12.â
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of Th e Day: Fruits dealers using chemical to hasten ripening, Health ministry warns
Watahiniwa 993,000 kujiunga na shule za upili
Huenda orodha ya mawaziri wapya ikawasilishwa bungeni Jumanne
Wanasiasa wajipigia debe wapewe nyadhifa za uaziri
Mvulana bora kwenye mtihani wa KCPE aonekana kwa mara ya kwanza
Uhuruto wakabiliwa na kibarua kigumu kuteua wandani wao
Maelfu watuma maombi ya kazi ya ukatibu kwenye wizara
Lobi zaendelea kutafuta nafasi serikalini
Expect full wrath of the law if you break the law, government warns NASA
Why it took only 19 days to release the 2017 KCPE results
Uhuru wants supplementary KCPE, KCSE exams for students
Mpanga mikakati ya NASA David Ndii akamatwa
Safaricom yazindua mfumo mpya wa Mpesa kwa walemavu wa kuona
Serikali kununua vitabu vya kusoma mwakani
Rais na naibu wake wakutana na wakuu wa bunge la kitaifa
Wazazi wa mtoto aliyepatikana na sindano 14 mwilini wakamatwa na polisiNipashe Zaidi
âHe was innocentâ â" says family of Machakos teacher killed alongside gangsters
Four women arrested after forcing Form Two girl to undergo FGM
Kiraitu to sink 100 boreholes yearly in Meru
Nairobi MCAs pass motion to ban prostitution in the city
Teacher jailed for ten years for indecent act on pupilMor e County News
- EU divided over tax haven blacklist
- Britain and EU fail to reach Brexit deal
- Supreme Court allows Trump travel ban to take effect pending appeal
- Mpanga mikakati ya NASA David Ndii akamatwa
- Safaricom yazindua mfumo mpya wa Mpesa kwa walemavu wa kuona
- Courtroom drama, moment of shock in case against Babu Owinoâs win
- Doctors at Thika Level V Hospital remove 13 sewing needles from babyâs body
- Why Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu missed Uhuruâs swearing-in
- Raila Odinga: I will be sworn in as president on December 12
- Uhuruâs new Cabinet: What we know so far
- President Kenyatta urges AU-EU partnership to empower youth
- Is HIV/AIDS still a threat in Kenya three decades later?
- Kenyans online get high on bhang legalisation petition
- This vaginal ring can protect women against HIV
- âWakiapisha, tunaapishaâ, Kenyans hilariously take on #InaugurationChallenge
- HIV PrEP: A tale of a discordant coupleâs rejuvenated love life
- Anti-HIV pill no license to âsexual explorationâ, warns govât
- PrEP demystified: Is the daily HIV pill meant for you?
- Five things to know about new pill for HIV-negative people
- Why you should start massaging your baby now