Motorist behind fire at Vivo shell petrol station arrested
Skip to main content
- Classic 105
- East FM
- Kiss 100
- Radio Jambo
A motorist who caused the fire that broke out at Vivo Shell p etrol station, Kasarani on Saturday morning has been arrested.
A statement from the Energy Regulatory Commission said that the fire started after the motorist sped off to avoid paying for fuel while the pump was still inside his vehicleâs tank.
"Friction between the ground and the pump produced sparks which ignited a fire that quickly spread,â read part of the statement.
Fire fighters from the county government helped in putting out the fire.
No injuries were reported in the 7am incident, however the station was extensively damaged.
The commission urged motorists to switch off their engines before fuelling and also called on all petrol station employees to undergo adequate training on emergency response.
Click here for the latest political newsVideo Vault